Windows Vista and Sync Centre RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have Windows Vista Machnes where the Document forlder is redirect to a network share.  Problem is that this folder gets redirected automaticly and shows that it has syncing enabled by the sync icon but when you go into the sync centre it does not show the folder has a parnership. The problem is that this folder does not sync up automaticly to the to server and that you have to do it manually in order for the folders to hit the server.  Is there a way of correcting this so that it brings the redirected document drive in-line with the sync polices. THe only syncronised folded that i see in the sync centre is the netlogon folder.  This could lead to protential file loss if the user machine fails and the files have not been synced back to server.

Any help would be great. 

Monday, July 12, 2010 1:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

As I know, to get the redirected folder work, NTFS permissions must be configured appropriately. Please read the following document:

Redirect the Documents folder to a network share

Offline files and Folder Redirection

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards

Dale Qiao
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Gouds Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:09 AM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet forums.

As I know, to get the redirected folder work, NTFS permissions must be configured appropriately. Please read the following document:

Redirect the Documents folder to a network share

Offline files and Folder Redirection

Please note: we provide the third party link for technical use only. There may be some changes without notice, Microsoft doesn’t guarantee any accuracy on contacting information.

Best Regards

Dale Qiao
    TechNet Subscriber Support in forum. If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Gouds Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:09 AM
    Monday, July 12, 2010 7:50 AM
  • Hi, thanks for your reply regarding this problem. I attempted the above and still the same result.  The Redirection seems to function correctly and the folders shows they are syncing via the green indicator on the icons but when you go into sync center thier is no parnership for those files.  So it does not get bound by the sync centre rules.  It seems odd that the files are being synced but the sync centre does not indicate this.

Any further advise would be helpfull

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 5:12 AM
  • You where 100% correct. After further testing i managed to nail it down. The article from above was right. Thanks very much Dale for you help in the matter. This has been a nightmare to track down.

Cheers

Chris Goudie

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:12 AM