Tasks getting attached to an unrelated Sharepoint list RRS feed

• Question

• I use SPD 2007.

I have attached a workflow to "list1". As per the workflow there are some tasks that get assigned to users. I notice that the tasks always get attached to an unrelated list "list2".  The workflow tasks dont complete with errors "unable to update data source"

I thought it was an issue with the workflow, so I tried different workflow, however same issue occurs.

I then though it could be about the list, I then created workflows under "list3", however the tasks still get attached to "list2" and the same errors persist.

Has anyone encountered the same errors ? Appreciate if someone could guide me out of this !
    Friday, February 24, 2012 10:04 AM

Answers

• Hi prayankc,

It is a very strange issue.Try the following steps and find if it can solve your issue:
    1、Save the "list2" as a template
    2、Delete "lsit2"
    3、Retry it
    4、If it works fine,create a list use "list2" template, retry it(If can't work fine, you can try recreate a "list2" with reference the old "list2",then try again).

Thanks,
    Lhan Han

Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:37 AM

All replies

• Hi prayankc,

It is a very strange issue.Try the following steps and find if it can solve your issue:
    1、Save the "list2" as a template
    2、Delete "lsit2"
    3、Retry it
    4、If it works fine,create a list use "list2" template, retry it(If can't work fine, you can try recreate a "list2" with reference the old "list2",then try again).

Thanks,
    Lhan Han

Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Hi,

Open the XOML file from the list of workflow files from  SharePoint designer in NotePad. Search for Association List ID and check whether the GUID mentioned is matched with the GUID of the list you want the workflow to be attached. If not update the GUID and save the file.

Open the workflow and Publish it. 

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
    Chanakya
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    My Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012 6:19 AM