Windows 7 Stuck at Welcome Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I am administerting medium size network with more than 300 clients.  Big technical issue have been occured since last week. Windows stuck at welcome screen and not able to access desktop. Even i can't use Local or domain admin account. We suspect that windows update cause for this problem because each time system was restored by using Windows Bootable CD. After that we can access Computer again without having any issue. WSUS server has been cofigured on our network and currently more than 10 compure were found with issue. please help me if you have idea.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 3:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Does the issue occur on all Windows 7 devices which received update package?

Please check if you could boot into Safe Mode environment after boot into normal Windows failed.

Please check update package number was installed on those corrupted computers.

Try to delete third party software, turn off antivirus software and firewall, update driver to the latest version and check if the issue is available to reproduce after reinstall update package on a test Windows 7 device.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:25 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:21 AM
  • No solutions possible, that you given. because No any way to access desktop or programs if problems is occured.  We have no any third party software and all softwares are genuine and licenced versions.  Few inhouse developed software are being used. Even we found computer with same issue that has no antivirus solutions.  Many times times we restored and unable to find which updates packages is caused for this issue. All computers hardware were recently installed. That is a only one similar situation for affected computers.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 9:37 AM