Windows Intune Software Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I Have Signed up for a 30 day Trial. And now I'm trying to deploy Software vi Windows Intune but all the installations fail!

For example I downloaded "googlechromestandaloneenterprise.msi" and I'm trying to deploy it. I get the following error 0x80070667.

In the Command Line section I have tried:

* /quiet

* /qn

* Nothing

I have installed a windows 7 Enterprise Virtual computer for test where I'm trying to install the software. (The computer is connected to my domain).

NOTE: I have tried Skype, Firefox msi files and they all get the same error message

Any help is appreciated!

Monday, February 11, 2013 11:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Problem is Solved. After applying a windows intune firewall policy the computers are installing the software!

• Marked as answer by Marcus_99 Monday, February 11, 2013 3:40 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 3:40 PM

All replies

• Just for testing purposes, can you see what happens when you use a GPO to do the installation? The reason I ask is because the process thru Windows Intune is identical to doing it thru GPO's. If it fails on a GPO it might give better insight as to the problem.

If it works in a GPO then we know it's a configuration setting within Windows Intune. If it fails on GPO then there may be something further inside the network keeping it from happening. (I had a client once that had this problem and it turned out that an obscure GPO setting from years before that really wasn't needed anymore was causing problems with the installation.)

Even if your client isn't in the domain, still check the installation with GPO's. (I would go use the virtual computer for this). This will also help you determine if your command line options are correct.

Owner, Quilnet Solutions

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:18 PM
  • BTW, 0x80070667 indicates that the MSI file failed to install within the Windows Installer. Usually this is a permissions issue. Can you also include your installer log file from when Windows Intune tried installing?

Owner, Quilnet Solutions

Monday, February 11, 2013 2:22 PM
  • Hi,

The Problem is Solved. After applying a windows intune firewall policy the computers are installing the software!

• Marked as answer by Marcus_99 Monday, February 11, 2013 3:40 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 3:40 PM