Application Inventory Summary per Computer System in MAP Toolkit 8.0 RRS feed

• Question

• What is the best way of obtaining a report of application inventory per computer in MAP Toolkit 8.0?  In the previous version, it was possible to at least view application summary grouped on Computer System Name.

I have found in the assessment reports a worksheet with application summary with totals for individual applications.  The idea is that I might be able to harvest application licenses or target specific computers for general 'housekeeping' concerns.

Sunday, January 6, 2013 11:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• This blog describes how to manually export the data into Excel.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mapblog/archive/2012/07/09/planning-for-desktop-virtualization-with-the-map-toolkit-7-0-4-of-4.aspx

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Michael Switzer01 Monday, January 7, 2013 11:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Twyan Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:14 PM
    Monday, January 7, 2013 11:20 PM
  • This was helpful in terms of exporting the detailed view of which applications are installed on which devices in MAP Toolkit version 7. I am working on MAP toolkit version 8 like Twyan above and I cannot find the view of application summary detailed on Computer System Names. Will you have to restore the database through a local SQL Server or can you make a simple view in the MAP Toolkit version 8, like we could in version 7? Thanks...
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:34 AM
  • Sorry about that, I should have mentioned that in MAP 8 there was a significant DB schema refactor that was done. As such, the view was renamed: UT_WinServer_Reporting.InstalledProductsView

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, January 11, 2013 5:32 PM
  • Hi again. Ok. I have tried to figure out how to get that view of the applications, so you can on which devices an actual application resides. I have not been succesfull yet. Please, can someone explain how it works? Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:58 AM
  • What part or step are you having trouble with? Is it trouble finding the view in the list?

Also, make sure you have the correct database selected. I think it defaults to 'master' which won't have any data in it.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:01 PM