none
Out of Box Deliverables report shows deliverables associated with Blank Provider Project Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I am having a hard time understanding the out of box deliverables report. I have some deliverables associated with blank provider project name but actually, when I go and check the deliverables are created inside a project from Project Pro
    Monday, July 13, 2015 4:58 PM

Answers

• Got the answer in these cases:

1. Associated Tasks were deleted

2. Some Projects have been renamed

3. Some deliverables in sites that were migrated from Project Server 2010 env

• Marked as answer by Nav Sahi Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:16 PM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:16 PM

All replies

• Sherry --

I believe the Provider Name field is used with the Deliverable Dependencies feature in Project Server/Project Online.  When you set up a dependency for a Deliverable in one project with another project, then I believe you will see the Provider Name field populated.  Are you using the Deliverable Dependency feature in your system?  Please let us know.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, July 13, 2015 5:04 PM
  • There are some people in the office that uses deliverables along with dependencies.

Referring to the picture above, Deliverable 5 and 6 do not have a provider project. but when I go and create a custom report with http://server/PWA/_api/projectdata/deliverables

I see that deliverable 5 and 6 associated with a project. Also, I can see these deliverables in the project schedule as well.

My question is can a deliverable be in a project plan and have a provider project as blank? if yes then in what scenario??

• Edited by Nav Sahi Monday, July 13, 2015 7:06 PM
    Monday, July 13, 2015 7:05 PM
  • Got the answer in these cases:

1. Associated Tasks were deleted

2. Some Projects have been renamed

3. Some deliverables in sites that were migrated from Project Server 2010 env

• Marked as answer by Nav Sahi Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:16 PM
    Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:16 PM