Skype Modern Authentication and the instructions :) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Sometimes I feel I'm so blind. But how do you read the following Modern Authentication instructions:

Modern Authentication says:

"All SFB Front Ends must have connections outbound to the internet, to Office 365 Authentication URLs (TCP 443) and well known certificate root CRLs (TCP 80) listed in Rows 1 and 2 of the 'Office 365 authentication and identity' section of Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges."

The first part, the proxy, is clear. But then I read it so that there are two sets of the URLs:

1: [Office 365 Authentication URLs (TCP 443)]

2: [well known certificate root CRLs (TCP 80)]

Then the link points me to the BING search results (strange way), where I could go to muliple places. But if I go to "Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges" I get lost, as there are no subjects like those. Also the RSS contains 57 different options  and still not so clear CRL URLs.

Is it just me? :)

Petri

Thursday, October 11, 2018 3:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Petri,

I check the official document in my PC, when I click the link, it also points me to the BING search results. Based on my research, if you want to find the details about “Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges”, you could refer to the two following official documents:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges 
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/office-365-urls-ip-address-ranges 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 12, 2018 7:00 AM
  • Hi Evan and thank you for your reply,

The first URL is also the same I founded (but also the RSS feed was one of the finding as well), but which one in that site is the answer for that point? I could not found anything which is "authentication" or CRL related.  What is your view for that?

Petri

Friday, October 12, 2018 1:09 PM
  • I have created the content update for Modern Authentication (to update the correct hyperlink)

Also i have created another content update for the article to update the "Office 365 authentication and identity" topic in it..

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, October 15, 2018 6:32 AM
    Saturday, October 13, 2018 8:42 AM
  • Hi Petri,

The view for me is same as yours. As Neeranjan said, he has created the contents to update the document, we need to wait for the update and thanks again for Neeranjan creating the contents.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, October 15, 2018 9:35 AM
  • Neeranjan, I'm impressed ! Cannot wait to see coming updates.

And Evan87, that is correct I also still see the old content. So let see when the update arrives on publicly.

Petri

Monday, October 15, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Hi Neeranjan,

Do you know if the updates will be come available?

Petri

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:29 PM
  • Hey Petri... 

Microsoft is working on fixing the content .. you shall refer/follow the github for the same..

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, October 19, 2018 6:22 PM
  • Thank you for sharing this!

Petri

Thursday, October 25, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for Neeranjan’s help and hope this content will be fixed in the near future.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Friday, October 26, 2018 6:56 AM
  • Hey Petri - Finally the issue with article content has been fixed and now it looks very clear and informative.

Content - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/hybrid-modern-auth-overview

</Snip>

All SFB Front Ends must have connections outbound to the internet, to Office 365 Authentication URLs (TCP 443) and well known certificate root CRLs (TCP 80) listed in Rows 56 and 125 of the 'Microsoft 365 Common and Office Online' section of Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges.

<Snip/>

Now the hyperlink Office 365 URLs and IP address ranges. is directly pointing to respective article instead of bing :)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges#microsoft-365-common-and-office-online

Tuesday, December 25, 2018 6:18 PM