Azure RMS on iOS RRS feed

• Question

• I was told that I can fully use Azure RMS on mobile devices (iOS especifically) to protect files.

However, the articles I have read (from Microsoft) say that I can only view RMS protected files, and that the ability to create, edit and publish RMS protected files (office documents, pdf) from a mobile device is not yet available. It said that on iOS device, I could only protect pictures with RMS. Is this true? or has it changed?

Also, some articles said that on a mobile device I could only choose permission options from the templates, and could not use custom permission options. Is this true or has it changed?

I have been using the Azure RMS sharing application, but it seems like I can't open protected emails on my iphone. When I send a RMS protected file in a protected email, I cannot see the file or see the message in the email (when using the email application on the iphone). Is there a reason why this is happening? Is there a way to fix this?

Finally, I was told that to use Azure RMS on iOS, I had to setup the user environment to activate RMS in the device. What especifically should I do?

I hope someone can help me out with this.

Best Regards

Wednesday, July 6, 2016 12:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I was just wondering if someone had any updates on this issue??

Also,

Does the viewing of RMS protected documents change depending on if I am using OWA for iphone, Outlook for iphone, or the regular iphone mail app?

Thursday, July 7, 2016 6:12 AM
  • Anyone can help me with this issue???

Its been days since I posted this and no one has been able to give me an answer.

I really need some help!!

Please!

Monday, July 11, 2016 12:44 AM
  • Currently, not all applications fully support Rights Management on all devices - which is what you're running into. Its a moving space, and complex because there are a number of options and variables. We maintain a table for what's currently available and supported, and update it when new versions come out - have a look at the table and iOS row in Azure RMS requirements: Applications

When new releases come out, they will be announced on the Enterprise Mobility and Security Blog and on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheRMSGuy).

Monday, July 18, 2016 9:38 PM
  • Hello Helpakari,

Currently, if you want to open a protected message, you have to do it through OWA (Office for IOS is not able to open it currently), but, if you want to consume protected files, you have to install in the device the RMS sharing application (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rms-sharing/id689516635?mt=8).

If you want to create protected files through IOS, the only option available for the moment is to protect photos, but not documents.

For the full compatibility we need to wait until the EMS team release the new versions.

Regards,

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 8:19 AM