none
"The user account Administrator is already in use." error message while attaching an agent to DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all;

Please consider the following scenario:

I installed DPM2010 agent on my domain controller manually. Then I tried to attach it to my DPM 2010 by executing .\Attach-NonDomainServer.ps1 script. But I encountered the following error message:

The user account Administrator is already in use.

After encountering this problem, I went to the DPM Administration console and saw that the agent has been attached successfully and DPM can communicate with it without any problem!!

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Edited by R.Alikhani Friday, July 27, 2012 6:54 AM
    Friday, July 27, 2012 6:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It appears that you used the wrong script - for domain joined machines the command is attach-productionserver

Directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\bin

Mode                LastWriteTime     Length Name
    ----                -------------     ------ ----
    -a---          1/6/2012  11:20 AM      10478 Attach-NonDomainServer.ps1
    -a---          1/6/2012  11:19 AM      10614 Attach-ProductionServer.ps1
    -a---          1/6/2012  11:19 AM      10374 Attach-ProductionServerWithCertificate.ps1

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by R.Alikhani Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 12:03 AM