Sequencing an application to windows 2008 R2 (DNS Servers) using sequencer 4.6 SP1? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got an application which is MSI and it is mentioned that this is for winows 2008 R2(DNS Servers)?

I've always sequenced applications for Windows 7 and I'm not aware of this?

I know that 4.6 SP1 supports windows 2008 R2.

But, I donno the process of how to do this and what steps i need to take care of.

Please let me know whether I can sequence this in a sequencer which is on win 7 or i need to do this in windows 2008 R2 server ?

Which one will be more beneficial for this type of application using admin-studio or sequencing with AppV?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If you attempt to sequence this on Windows 7 and then deploy the package onto Windows 2008 R2 - what happens?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:08 AM
  • Hi Nicke,

It might not install.

But, as I'm not aware of this and so I would like to take suggestions from the experienced ones before proceeding.

Nickie- could you please guide me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Hello,

I would suggest you test this in a lab. Unless you have a specific issue you personally have experienced - there are no issues I see in that process

Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:59 AM
  • Nicke - you mean to say that we can sequence this application in Win 7 machine and probably we can install this in windows server 2008 R2 without any issue, Right?
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:03 AM
  • Hello,

I am saying you can test it.

Thursday, April 25, 2013 11:30 AM