Skype for business meeting invitation issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I would like to describe a strange issue regarding Skype for Business meeting invitation. Whenever we originate a meeting invitation from outlook and invite people, the concerned persons are getting proper invitation details. But if the persons are Forwarding the invitation to some others concerned persons, the invitation details are missing from the mail body automatically. While using Lync there was no such issue. Please look into the issue if anything can be done for this. TIA

Friday, August 26, 2016 6:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sowmya,

This looks like an outlook issue rather than Lync issue.

The forwarding persons  forwarding the email within the organization?

And if you send lync/Skype meeting directly to the affected person, will it reach properly?

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Friday, August 26, 2016 11:23 AM
  • Agreed 100% with Muralidharan, the Skype plugin only adds content to the meeting and sets a flag so clients can use it for one-click-join.  After that's it's just an email.  I'm wondering if the forwarding party has a filter that perhaps doesn't like the hyperlinks included.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:45 PM
  • Hi Soumyadeep,

You can enable Pipeline trace on the Exchange server, then reproduce the issue and capture the traces to see when/where the message body disappeared.

For more details about Exchange Pipeline trace, please refer to:

Pipeline tracing
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125018%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

How to write Exchange 2007 transport agents
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchange/2006/12/05/how-to-write-exchange-2007-transport-agents/

Best Regards,
    Jessie Yuan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 29, 2016 6:43 AM