change Gregorian date to Hijri Date in calculated column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use language pack for sharepoint 2007, and select Hijri calendar in Site Settings->Regional Settings.

Now I want to use Group By capability in sharepoint list that group my list item with month of record created. I use formula in calculated column to get Month base on created at,but it return month in Gregorian date .

How I can use formula than can change Gregorian date to Hijri Date? for example can I write if, else formula for calculated column?

If date between 1/01/2011 and 1/31/2011 return “Equivalent Month in Hijri “ in calculated column?

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, June 17, 2011 5:57 PM questions on calculated columns go to admin as this is an OOB function (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, June 17, 2011 1:31 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

The calculated column about date is by default the Gregorian date, we are sorry that this is by design.

When we create a new column “Date and Time”, we can select the “use calendar type” in “Calendar”, this isn’t provided in calculated column.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:07 AM
  • Thanx Xue-Mei,

Can I solve my problem with calculated column formula?

For example

=IF(OR([Created]>"6/22/2011";[Created]<22/07/2011;"My Hijri Month")

And use such this formula for return all my hijri month?

Can you help me correct formula syntax to solve my problem?

Thanx.

Monday, June 27, 2011 4:33 PM