none
Trying to create a transform within AADC (Azure AD Connect) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

Im looking for a little help on AADC and out of box ruiles

Im working with a business who have acquired another company and need to synchronise identities from this new forest into AzureAD then migration mailboxes (multiforest hybrid). This new forest has a lot of groups which are similarly named to the existing forest. This is distribution groups like HR, Sales etc. The natural solution would be for forestB to rename all their groups prior to sync however this is a big task and will effect on premises users prior to onboarding to Exchange Online. One idea i had was whether we could prefix all these groups only within AzureAD as part of the sync by using a custom group join rule. The problem is I don't know how to construct the attribute or know what language MIM uses under the bonnet to even google. 

The plan for me would be to duplicate the existing Group Common join rule for the MA associated with forestB with a higher precendent and change the transform already used for displayname.

Below is the following screen shot from AADC with the displayname as:

IIF(IsNullOrEmpty([displayName]),[cn],[displayName])

Firstly what languaue or format is used by FIM

Secondly - what does the current transform do? I can see there is an if statement and CN buried in there

Thirdly- How can i prefix all displaynames with "Prefix_" (what would be the transform format)

Thursday, February 6, 2020 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Graham,

1. The transformation language used by FIM/MIM and AAD Connect is similar (AAD Connect evolved from FIM/MIM), but they are not the same.

2. The current transform Checks if displayName is empty or does not exist. Then it flows the cn. If displayName is filled in, it flows displayName

3. You'd need to use a string concatenation using the AAD Connect transformation language. That question is better asked in the AAD Connect forum I think.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, February 6, 2020 2:50 PM