Windows can't save Files in Network fast. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

When I'm working on some files like InDesign documents or Word Documents on my local network and change them and want to save them on Network, Indesign or Microsoft Word take long time :(.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you.

Sunday, January 17, 2016 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try the command below and confirm the speed again if save in local and transfer to network location.

netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled
     netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none
     netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global timestamps=disabled

In addition, we may try to capture a network trace.

Best Regards,

Tao

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm that does other files have the similar problem? Have you tried to save the files on local machine and test the speed?

I suppose that we may try to save the files on local machine first, and then move them to the network location manually, check the result.

If the files were saved on the local machine normally, but move to network slowly, it may be caused by the network problem. Please ping the network address via command line and check it.

In addition, for Office issue, you could ask for help from our Office forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro

The reason why we suggest posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.   

Best Regards,

Tao

Monday, January 18, 2016 9:01 AM
  • Hi,

I want to confirm that does other files have the similar problem? Have you tried to save the files on local machine and test the speed?

I suppose that we may try to save the files on local machine first, and then move them to the network location manually, check the result.

If the files were saved on the local machine normally, but move to network slowly, it may be caused by the network problem. Please ping the network address via command line and check it.

In addition, for Office issue, you could ask for help from our Office forum.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?category=officeitpro

The reason why we suggest posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.   

Best Regards,

Tao

Saturday, January 23, 2016 1:49 PM
  • Hi,

Please try the command below and confirm the speed again if save in local and transfer to network location.

netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled
     netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none
     netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled
     netsh int tcp set global timestamps=disabled

In addition, we may try to capture a network trace.

Best Regards,

Tao

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:50 AM