Windows Vista dose not boot (black screen with mouse pointer) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

so...My windows Vista dose not boot and i get a black screen before the windows logo . I tried to reinstall Windows but windows cannot find my hardrive in the setup.

Save mode and etc. tried with always the same results. All options of the disk tried and none of them worked. I noticed that some DLL files are missing.

It happened after i  installed windows vista ultimate . Now i spent money to have my PC ruined.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:16 PM

Answers

• 1. Boot from the Windows 7 install disk
    2. After choosing your language, choose the "Repair your computer" option on the "install now" screen
    3. Optional step: if you need special drivers to access your hard drives (SCSI, etc), follow the "load drivers" onscreen instructions to read them from an external source.
    4. When prompted, choose the "System restore" option
    5. Choose one of the previous restore points (I chose the second one down on mine just to be sure)
    6. The system will roll back installs to that restore point; reboot only when prompted

many times system was able to boot and worked normally again! using this method .I hope this is helpful to you.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:01 AM