Disk space Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi
    I am having n Numbers of servers which having their c:\ Drive is with different  size, I need to set a monitoring for the c:\ Drive which can generate an alerts when the condition will be free disk space % on the c:\drive
    I don’t want to setup a monitoring which I require to set two conditions
    1 > free space % on c:\ drive and
    2> Space available less then > MB
    Help would be appreciated
    Monday, October 10, 2011 7:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Simply override the settings of the existing monitor (you have found it already I guess). Think of it this way.. the state change and alerts will onlly happen if BOTH percent and MB thresholds are reached. SO if you want it to only alert on the percentages you just have to make sure you always pass the MB value first. If you set the MB value thresholds to something very big -> they quickly pass that threshold, but will not affect state or alerts as they need to pass the percentage thresholds first before doing that. SO set override to high MB values and you are ready.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    • Proposed as answer by Nicholas Li Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:06 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 9:06 PM
  • Thanks Bob for your prompt reply on this i will try the same and let you know the results.!!!!!!!!!
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:23 PM
  • thanks bob it is working for ......
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 6:14 PM
  • Thats good new Ganesh! Just mark the answers that helped you.
    Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My BICTT Blog) - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 Recipient
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 5:29 AM