Sent items goes to Calendar View in Outlook 2013/2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an end user when she clicks "Sent Items" in her Outlook 2013/2016 , Instead of getting a list of  sent email  message in the folder ,Outlook will divert the screen into Outlook Calendar view.  This is  Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 with Office Service Pack 1 installed.

This is a recurrent problem when I made an attempt to setup and configured her Outlook profile at different computers , I am still getting the same outcome , the view will goes to Calendar view.  The sent email messages are found  when I perform an email search.

However , the problem does not exist when she access her email messages in Outlook Web Access(OWA) either in Internet Explorer 11 and Google Chrome Web browser. 

What should I do to rectify this problem?

Panda Lee.

Friday, July 28, 2017 6:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Lee,

Is the user using an Exchange account? If so, does she have cached Exchange mode enabled? What if we try to turn off cached Exchange mode?

Does this issue continue if we start Outlook in safe mode? To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Besides, we may also try starting Outlook with /cleanviews switch and then see whether this issue continues. To do this, exit Outlook, type outlook /cleanviews in the Run command and press Enter.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pandalee Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:54 AM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 6:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Lee,

Is the user using an Exchange account? If so, does she have cached Exchange mode enabled? What if we try to turn off cached Exchange mode?

Does this issue continue if we start Outlook in safe mode? To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and press Enter.

Besides, we may also try starting Outlook with /cleanviews switch and then see whether this issue continues. To do this, exit Outlook, type outlook /cleanviews in the Run command and press Enter.

Regards,

Steve Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by pandalee Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:54 AM
    Monday, July 31, 2017 6:09 AM
  • Hi  Steve ,

The problem is resolved after running  outlook /cleanviews  at Command Prompt.

Panda Lee.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:55 AM
  • Good for you! Thank you for letting us know that.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:57 AM