none
I can not ping the local domain and network connection failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have computers that use a printer mapped on another computer and lose communication with the computer print server sometimes yes, sometimes not.

We also have situations of namespace shares that lose communication and even you clicking again the connection does not reestablish.

When this problem occurs, if we try to ping the domain or access netlogon, we can not.

When restarting the DNS client service both cases are resolved.

I have read that this may be related to some microsoft update, but we are not sure as the problem occurs randomly on any computer.

Shares mapped by hostname or ip are not affected !!!

Meanwhile other computers continue to work perfectly, so I do not think it's a problem on the server, but on the computers.

- General Discussion
    - Worstation Windows 7 SP1

Everything was working perfectly and I began to experience this problem gradually and worse and worse.

I read in a community that it may be because of having DNS Google (8.8.8.8) in the DNS list in DHCP.

Thank you.

Saturday, May 12, 2018 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your question.

We’ll need collect more information to have a better understanding about this issue.

1 For now, which computers we lost the communication with? The ping can reach the problematic PC?

2 I was a little confused about this sentence. <<We also have situations of namespace shares that lose communication and even you clicking again the connection does not reestablish.

This namespace shares mean that file netshare or DNS zone or any other?

3 When the issue occurs, we could first run dcdiag test on the DC server for troubleshooting. Before proceeding, we can run the following CMD command and restart the server.

Net stop netlogon

Net start netlogon

Restart the server

Ipconfig /flushdns

Ipconfig /registerdns

Dcdiag /test:dns

4 Based on my experiences, if we could be sure DC and domain works fine, we’ll try to re-join the problematic PC to the domain.

5 To narrow down this issue, I suggest we’ll need to patch latest updates for DC and the problematic PC.

6 In addition, you said that the search having DNS Google (8.8.8.8) in the DNS list in DHCP. Is this DNS list setting to DHCP clients for options?

Hope this helps. If you have any questions and concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 14, 2018 2:59 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going on? Was your issue resolved?

If you would like further assistance, please feel free to feed back.

Best regards,

Michael

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 2:57 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Michael

Thursday, May 17, 2018 8:15 AM