none
Remove organization account and use a local account instead RRS feed

• Question

• Last time i formatted my pc on my organization i made the mistake of logging in with my organization account. Now im required to use passwords and connect everything with this account, which is actually a troublesome for a pc in a workplace. Sometimes the pc needs to be used by someone else, so i had to write down my password and stick it to the monitor so everyone nows my password now. Also the pin codes stop working from time to time, causing problems to log in. Also im forced to change the password over certain periods of time which is obiously a headache.

When i try to disconnect the account the message i get is the following:

"To log in without an organization account, you need to log in with a local administrator account. It can be a Microsoft account or a local account. If you don`t have one you will have to create it" (translated from spanish)

I DON`T WANT TO USE A MICROSOFT ACCOUNT because it will be more or less the same, but with my personal account in my workplace, which would be even worse.

I have already created a local administrator account to use instead, but the only option i have is to introduce an email and a password.

As far as i know, a local account doesn´t have to need an email account.

Please help me solve this, because Windows 10 is giving me more and more troubles with every update.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes, local account doesn't have an email account associated. 

You can setup local account using either ways mentioned in this guide:

https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Let me know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 12:46 PM
  • Hi,

To use a local account: 

Applies to Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Professional.
    1. Save all your work.

2. In Start , select Settings  > Accounts  > Your info.  

3. Select Sign in with a local account instead.

4. Type the user name, password, and password hint for your new account. The user name must be different than any others on the device. Note: If you’re using Windows 10, version 1803, you can add security questions—instead of a hint—to your local account to help you reset your password in case you forget it. Check your version of Windows 10.

5. Select Next, then select Sign out and finish. Sign back in with your new local account.

6. If you didn’t add security questions to help you reset your password, it’s a good idea to create a password reset disk. If you don't do this and then forget your password, you won't be able to recover it.

Best regards,

Yilia 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:55 AM
  • What is the state of the machine? Is it AAD Join / workplace join machine? You do not need email to login as local user or local admin to the box. Just type your local admin name and password and that should ok
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 7:11 AM