Using MDT to monitor SCCM TS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

As my title suggests, I am having issues when trying to monitor a build out from SCCM.  I have tried using a standard SCCM Task Sequence and an MDT, both using an MDT created boot image.  Neither of these are reporting back to MDT monitoring as expected.  

I have tried with a Task Sequence built and deployed from MDT itself, and this reports back correctly, so the service is listening correctly.  

When I look at our Firewall, I can see traffic passing from client to SCCM/MDT server over port 9801 for both task sequences deployed from MDT and SCCM and there is no local FW/AV installed on the SCCM/MDT box.  Event viewer is displaying the correct MDT_Monitor source events for the MDT deployed TS too.

The MDT task sequence deployed by SCCM runs the gather step, but no events are ever passed back.

I can't really find anything on the interweb that sheds any light on this.  Could it have something to do with SCCM and MDT having different deployment shares?

Any help greatly received, really want to get DaRT working in WinPE for our remote sites.

Cheers

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 9:22 AM

Answers

• Managed to get it working now.

For anyone having similar issues, I had to recreate my MDT task sequence - and I had also omitted the EventService entry from the customsettings.ini created with the MDT package.

Other than that, I also altered the permissions on some of the folder locations for the packages and can now remote into a session using DaRT!

• Marked as answer by DMorrison123 Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:16 PM
    Wednesday, August 16, 2017 1:16 PM