TS Tunnel Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, while testing the tunneling client under UAG RC0, I have noticed that under windows xp, the rpc client comes up properly with the correct localhost/port, and successfully connects. While using windows vista the rdp client just comes up with the last rdp session.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jason
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:06 PM

Answers

• Hi amigo. It's likely that in Vista is being used the Socket Forwarder instead of the port forwarder (if both are installed RDP "prefers" the socket forwarder). The main difference is that with the port forwarder the launch is in the format mstsc.exe /V:127.0.0.x:23456 so the server is directly accesed. In socket forwarder mode the winsock provider is waiting for the name resolution to point to the local listener so there is no automatic connection to server UNLESS an "Initial Server" is defined in the applicaction definition in the trunk.

Hope it helps
    // Raúl - I love this game
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:22 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi amigo. It's likely that in Vista is being used the Socket Forwarder instead of the port forwarder (if both are installed RDP "prefers" the socket forwarder). The main difference is that with the port forwarder the launch is in the format mstsc.exe /V:127.0.0.x:23456 so the server is directly accesed. In socket forwarder mode the winsock provider is waiting for the name resolution to point to the local listener so there is no automatic connection to server UNLESS an "Initial Server" is defined in the applicaction definition in the trunk.

Hope it helps
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, October 27, 2009 5:22 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:26 PM
  • Hi, thanks it makes sense. I just added the dns name of the terminal server to the initial server in the configuration. Now it works as expected.

jason
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:13 PM
  • Glad to hear that

Nice weekend
    Friday, October 30, 2009 1:58 PM