Sequencing standalone Access 2013 use ODT? RRS feed

• Question

• Can you successfully sequence standalone Access 2013 or do you need to use the ODT? App-V 5.SP2 HF4

I can find instructions for the ODT OfficeProPlus Volume where you do exclusions

But it does not seem to create a package with just Access. It took around 20 minutes to generate. But it still has everything in it.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

-<Configuration>

-<Add OfficeClientEdition="32" SourcePath="">

-<Product ID="ProPlusVolume">

<Language ID="en-us"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="Excel"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="InfoPath"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="Lync"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="Groove"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="OneNote"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="Outlook"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="PowerPoint"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="Publisher"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="SharePointDesigner"/>

<ExcludeApp ID="Word"/>

</Product>

</Add>

<Display AcceptEULA="TRUE" Level="None"/>

<Property Value="1" Name="AUTOACTIVATE"/>

<Property Value="C1E20291-D13E-4338-82B3-B31F8EB948D5" Name="PACKAGEGUID"/>

</Configuration>

We have OfficePro installed locally on the build, with Access 2013 not installed. Want to control access to Access by AD group.

Kind regards,

Peter

• Edited by Pete_ML Friday, December 4, 2015 4:43 PM Expanded the problem
    Friday, December 4, 2015 11:59 AM

Answers

• Create your Access 2013 package using ODT on a clean machine (VM with snapshots).
    • Marked as answer by Pete_ML Friday, December 11, 2015 9:53 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 8:11 AM

All replies

• Create your Access 2013 package using ODT on a clean machine (VM with snapshots).
    • Marked as answer by Pete_ML Friday, December 11, 2015 9:53 PM
    Monday, December 7, 2015 8:11 AM
  • Thanks I'll do that tomorrow. So generally people do it as per above, rather than sequencing standalone Access?

Monday, December 7, 2015 11:22 PM
  • It doesn't need to be a clean machine or sequencer, but most of us do it on one anyway.

The OS you do this on MUST BE x64, however.  Even if you want the x86 office version.

Tim Mangan MVP for App-V and Citrix CTP Author of AppV books: &quot;PowerShell with App-V 5 (5.1 Edition)&quot;, &quot;The Client Book (4.x)&quot; and &quot;OSD Reference Book&quot; (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books )

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:57 AM
  • Hello Tim,

While it isn’t a requirement to use ODT on a clean machine, I had many issues creating an AppV Office package using ODT a production machine (setup /create). Every time I had an issue, a clean VM did the job.

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:28 AM
  • It seemed to take a while for the flattener to start, when I did it but it worked ok. Maybe it was re-downloading the files from Microsoft.

Friday, December 11, 2015 9:55 PM