none
Scorecard Not Displaying Data RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a Scorecard in PPS that in the dashboard designer shows data and indicators.  However, when I deploy that Scorecard on a dashboard nothing displays (no filters applied in the dashboard).

Is there any obvious reason why the Scorecard would display data in the designer but then not in the dashboard (in preview mode or deployed to Sharepoint)

Thanks,

Ashton Hobbs

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:45 PM

Answers

• Yes. In Dashboard designer you are using the PerformancePoint Server application pool user identity to connect to the backend data sources. When you deploy to SharePoint you are connecting with the SharePoint application pool user identity.  This is all assuming that you haven't modified the default security model.

This could be causing your issue. 

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:26 PM
  • This may be too obvious but it has certainly gotten me before.  Have you checked whether the user which you are using to view the dashboards has access.

In dashboard designer, every object, whether it be a dashboard, scorecard, data source, or report must grant access via windows AD to users.  This is available in the properties tab under permissions.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:31 PM

All replies

• Yes. In Dashboard designer you are using the PerformancePoint Server application pool user identity to connect to the backend data sources. When you deploy to SharePoint you are connecting with the SharePoint application pool user identity.  This is all assuming that you haven't modified the default security model.

This could be causing your issue. 

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:26 PM
  • This may be too obvious but it has certainly gotten me before.  Have you checked whether the user which you are using to view the dashboards has access.

In dashboard designer, every object, whether it be a dashboard, scorecard, data source, or report must grant access via windows AD to users.  This is available in the properties tab under permissions.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:31 PM