none
Outlook 2016 Hyperlinks in received emails deactivated

Question

• I have recently installed Office 2016 into my Windows 10 Operating System; and I find that the unsubscribe button and all other hyperlinks are now deactivated in emails received. When I click on them, the following message appears: "Your organization’s policies are preventing us from completing this action for you. For more information, please contact your help desk.” My default browser is Microsoft Edge. This is a most disconcerting development; and if I cannot find a solution, I may have to consider restoring my old Outlook 2010, where no such problem was encountered.

I have tried one or two supposed solutions shown on the internet, but either they do not apply in Windows 10 or in Outlook 2016. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, April 22, 2017 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,peter

I had hyperlink malfunctions before . I'm using outlook 2010 in win7. But I think may be it is similar in this problem so here is my solution. You can try to see if it helps.

Method 1、Reset Internet Explorer Settings

1. open Internet Explorer(for you, it should be Microsoft Edge), open  “Internet Options”
    2.  Switch to “Advanced” tab and hit “Reset” button,
    3.  In the new dialog box,  check “Delete personal settings” and click “Reset” button.
    4.  Restart Internet Explorer(Microsoft Edge) and re-click ‘Tools” icon and choose “internet Options”.
    5.  Switch to “Programs” tab,  hit “Set Programs”.
    6.  Click “Set your default programs” link, then locate and pitch on “Microsoft Outlook” on the left pane and click “Set this program as default”.
    7.  Later still in the current window, set “Internet Explorer” as default. then you can try again to see if it works.

Method 2、Import the Specific Registry Key from the Properly Functioning Computer

1.  Open Registry Editor
    2.  Go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE’ > “Software” > “Classes” > “htmlfile” > “shell”> “open” > “command”.
    3.  Click “File” > “Export”
    4.  Copy the file to the desktop on the malfunctioning computer. Double click on it and click “Yes” > “OK” to import the registry key.
    5. Open Registry Editor and locate “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT” > “.html”
    6. Ensure the value data of “(Default)” is “htmlfile”, then close Registry Editor, and test the problem again.

For more detailed information, you can see

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/2-methods-fix-hyperlink-malfunctions-outlook/

Hope it helps.

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:37 AM