Outlook searching issue RRS feed

• Question

• I use windows 10 and office 2013. After windows 10 updating. I now find that the search does not work on the inbox in Outlook.This is really frustrating as i get so many emails each day. I've already disabled search of Outlook and then enabled, also disabled search and enabled in programs and features but to no avail, i've also uninstalled office & reinstalled then PST file repaired also.

I've had a number of my users complain that searching for recently sent/received email yield no results. Indexing status is set to 0.

Monday, April 9, 2018 11:28 AM

All replies

• Hi KuldeepIT,

From the description of the thread , It looks like you have some issue with Outlook Application.

This forum only handles Apps for Office development related issues.

So for better response and better solution for your issue, I move this thread to Outlook it pro discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 5:05 AM
  • Hi Kuldeep,

Please try the below methods to fix the search issue in Outlook.

Check that Outlook Marked for Indexing or not 
    Rebuilding MS Outlook Index
    Repair Outlook Data File OST/PST with ScanPST.exe

Reply back if this does not solve your problem. 

Wednesday, April 11, 2018 3:29 AM
  • Hi,

Which type of email account do you use? Exchange, IMAP or POP3?

Did you get any error message when searching? 

What is the specific version number of your Windows 10?

Meanwhile, please first try to follow the troubleshooting steps in the following article and keep us posted with the result:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2769651/outlook-search-returns-no-matches-found

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Monday, April 16, 2018 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 6:23 AM
  • Hi,

This problem is related to Windows Index service. If the search in Outlook is not working properly or not displaying the latest emails based on the search, then you should rebuild Windows Indexing service.
    The below is a document about what steps should be taken when Outlook search not working;
    http://www.solutions.microsoftostconverter.com/blog/outlook-search-not-working.html

Hope it will help you !!

• Edited by aliceaggie Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2018 12:27 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information were helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Steve Fan 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Sunday, April 22, 2018 4:49 PM