none
External task doesn't update in Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a subproject which has some tasks from a different subproject externally linked to it, but whenever I change the tasks finish dates in the second subproject and publish it on the project server it doesn't update the dates for the externally linked tasks in the first subproject. However, if I open the first subproject in Project professional a "links between project" dialog box appear. Is it possible to see the update directly in Project Server and/or get this "links between project" dialog box to appear?

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi FelixSweden,

This is working as expected, you HAVE to open both projects before any updates are applied.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:30 AM
  • Hi Ben,

So you mean that if I open the first subproject and edit in the browser (Project Server) and change the task finish date. And at the same time have opened the second subproject it will automatically update the date? So both project are open in the browser and checked out. 

Thank you for quick reply.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:43 AM
  • Hi Felix, 

I don't believe I've tried this in PWA, I've always handled x-project dependencies (when I have to) in MS Project.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | downloads | P2O

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 11:54 AM