cannot delete selection profiles items RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to delete all items in selection profiles and start from scratch but get an error...

I deleted some that I added. Say truth I don't remember if the items appear on screenshot did exist by default.

If not how to delete them?

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

• Edited by pob579 Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:27 PM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 3:58 PM

Answers

• Yes, I assumed the problem was from custom made profiles.. The default MDT profiles need to remain...
    • Marked as answer by pob579 Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:55 PM
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:23 PM
  • Those are default MDT profiles, pretty sure they're embedded content and required for MDT functionality. 
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:12 PM

All replies

• Have you checked permissions on the specific .xml files? 

Navigate to your deployment share, Control folder, selectionprofiles.cml and selectionprofilegroups.xml

Are they read only? Try restarting your computer. Open up the MDT workbench and delete the profiles you want...

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Those are default MDT profiles, pretty sure they're embedded content and required for MDT functionality. 
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:12 PM
  • Yes, I assumed the problem was from custom made profiles.. The default MDT profiles need to remain...
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:23 PM
  • The picture was kinda hard to see, I had to zoom to 250% to see it :)
    Tuesday, August 12, 2014 6:32 PM
  • I had just one custom profile for the Office. And My Custom deployment share after Replication with the main one was just above a gig. I could deploy Office from this custom share without problem.

Run into the problem when started to add another profile for FULL office installation (previous had just few components). So there were no OS images on this share.

I will try to add things again.

I don't know why the pics I attach are so small. They look full size after download but when after hit Insert they become small. If you know what is the heck plz tell.

Thanks for HELP!

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:55 PM