java application error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

with IE8 and firefox 3 I get an error when open web page with java application, the software ".. not responding" and I need restart firefox and IE8 application.

thank you
    Alessio
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 3:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

For Internet Explorer, firstly, please try resetting it:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Please also try to download the latest version of JAVA from the following site:

Note: Maybe you need remove the older version before doing this.

Java for Windows - Internet Explorer

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

However, I also noticed that there is no Windows 7 in “System Requirements”. Therefore, it may not compatible with Windows 7. If the installation still fails, please try Compatibility Mode.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, July 20, 2009 1:18 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:00 AM
  • Looking at this page http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp  it says this:

JRE 6 Update 14

This release is Windows 7 support-ready and includes support for Internet Explorer 8, Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Vista SP2. New features include the G1 garbage collector, plus performance and security enhancements.

So update 14 is compatible with Windows 7/IE8 etc
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:08 AM

All replies

• What version of java do you have? Go to http://java.com/ and get Java 6 Update 14 if you are not on that version yet.
    Thursday, July 16, 2009 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting.

For Internet Explorer, firstly, please try resetting it:

How to reset Internet Explorer settings

Please also try to download the latest version of JAVA from the following site:

Note: Maybe you need remove the older version before doing this.

Java for Windows - Internet Explorer

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

However, I also noticed that there is no Windows 7 in “System Requirements”. Therefore, it may not compatible with Windows 7. If the installation still fails, please try Compatibility Mode.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Monday, July 20, 2009 1:18 AM
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:00 AM
  • Looking at this page http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp  it says this:

JRE 6 Update 14

This release is Windows 7 support-ready and includes support for Internet Explorer 8, Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Vista SP2. New features include the G1 garbage collector, plus performance and security enhancements.

So update 14 is compatible with Windows 7/IE8 etc
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:08 AM