Upgrading MP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am planning to upgrade my AD Management pack 6.0.6452.0 to 6.0.7065.0.

Is there anything I shud consider before upgrading or just like that I can perform the upgrade?

Thanks in advance!!!

- Thanks, Varshinie
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi, you should start read the AD MP guide for the new MP. Make sure you can upgrade from the version you have and that it support SP1. Also make sure you have all the pre-req installed. It is everything in the MP guide.
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se
    • Marked as answer by Yog Li Monday, December 6, 2010 9:27 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Just a call out - the current AD MP has some known issues that make the majority of event monitors not function.  A fix is being planned, and then a timeframe for a release may be planned prior to the next version of Windows.  Please be sure you preserve a current MP before you upgrade - a good versioning/change control solution is MP Studio from Silect software.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:10 PM

All replies

• I am using SCOM 2007 SP1
    - Thanks, Varshinie
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:54 PM
  • Hi, you should start read the AD MP guide for the new MP. Make sure you can upgrade from the version you have and that it support SP1. Also make sure you have all the pre-req installed. It is everything in the MP guide.
    Anders Bengtsson | Microsoft PFE | blog at http://www.contoso.se
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:03 PM
  • Just a call out - the current AD MP has some known issues that make the majority of event monitors not function.  A fix is being planned, and then a timeframe for a release may be planned prior to the next version of Windows.  Please be sure you preserve a current MP before you upgrade - a good versioning/change control solution is MP Studio from Silect software.
    Microsoft Corporation
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:10 PM
  • Thanks for the information Dave,

Guess this is available only @ cost right ?

- Thanks, Varshinie
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 3:30 PM