none
how to use two wifi adapters simultaneously? RRS feed

• Question

• i want to use internet as well as want to connect to my android tv for playing movies and photos on tv. so can it be possible because i have two wifi adapters. please help me out on this issue.
    Saturday, April 30, 2016 9:55 AM

All replies

• Everything is possible but you need to describe your network setup.

1. Is the TV connected through wireless or cable?
    2. Is your computer cable connected or wirelessly connected to your internet router?
    3. Why do you need 2 wireless cards?

Best regards, George

Saturday, April 30, 2016 11:15 AM
  • thank you Sir for taking your time. Sir ln my computer it shows two wireless adapters in which one is connected to my router for internet and another wireless connection 2 is not in use another thing is the tv has wifi direct so if i want to connect to the tv then have to disconnect from the router and connect to tv. so without doing that is it possible that i can use the wireless connection 2 for connection with the tv and simultaneously use internet through wireless connection 1?

• Edited by nisarg oza Sunday, May 1, 2016 9:25 AM
    Sunday, May 1, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Why don't you let the TV connect to your existing wireless? That's how it's supposed to work.

Best regards, George

Sunday, May 1, 2016 12:57 PM
  • if tv connects with the router then it will reduce internet speed so there is no other way to connect to both router as well as tv with two different wireless adapters?
    • Edited by nisarg oza Sunday, May 1, 2016 1:14 PM
    Sunday, May 1, 2016 1:13 PM
  • Why would the TV reduce internet speed if you only connect to a network?

If that is the case then you are watching TV through the wifi connection or the TV is downloading updates of some sort.

Otherwise the TV will not reduce speed. You need to keep your network simple and effective. Forget dual wifi adapters, one is enough.

Best regards, George

Sunday, May 1, 2016 1:20 PM
  • You could possibly do this by setting up one of the wireless adapters as an Access Point for the TV to connect to.

See the article How to Turn Your Windows PC Into a Wi-Fi Hotspot and then you would connect your TV to the Hotspot.

If you want more ideas go to  https://www.google.com/search?q=setup+wireless+access+point+in+windows+7&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8  

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, May 1, 2016 7:49 PM
  • Hi nisarg oza,

According to your description, I think we could configure a default gateway for both adapters, then we could either communicate with all computers on the Internet or all computers on the intranet, but not both.

Please check the link below about configuring multiple gateways on a network.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-sg/windows/configuring-multiple-network-gateways#1TC=windows-7

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 2, 2016 8:58 AM