none
Assign a workflow to a newly created site? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

The way PWA had been setup to start with meant project sites weren't created by default. The main reason being we didn't think we needed them. I'm now looking into the functionality this brings, so have created a test project and manually created a sharepoint site for it. Now I'm trying to assign a workflow I have created, but there doesn't seem to be any way to do this. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:48 PM

Answers

• Finally figured out how to do this.

Make sure the project type is fully setup and has the workflow assigned to it and the project has a site created which you'll manually have to do at the Connected SharePoint Sites option under Operation Policies in the PWA Settings page.

The next step where I was falling down was assigning the workflow. For those that don't know go to Change or Restart Workflows under the Workflow and Project Detail Pages section of the PWA Settings page.

In here, select the project type from the dropdown list, select the project(s) you want to assign the workflow to in the next section and then at the bottom select the Restart current workflow for the selected projects radio button. There is an option at the bottom as well where you can set where to start the workflow. Hope that helps people.

• Marked as answer by DangerM0use Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:15 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 12:15 PM