none
Exchange mail flow issues !451 4.7.0 Temporary server error in ex2013 and 2010 !

Question

• I have just installed a new Exchange 2013 SP1 server in my 2010 SP3 environment.  I am having mail flow issues between the two environments. 

Only the default receive and send connectors exist on the 2013 machine.  The machines are on different IP subnets.  The message I am getting in both queues is "451 4.7.0 Temporary server error. ",  lot of 16028 events in the application log.
    Waitting for you guys' assistance.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 5:22 AM

All replies

• Have you screwed up your default receive connector in Exchange 2010?  That could keep the Exchange 2013 server from being able to send to it.  In particular, have you messed with the AuthMechanism, RemoteIPRanges or PermissionGroups properties?  You're welcome to post its configuration here.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:39 AM
  • Hi touchtro,

From your description, we know you get a 451 4.7.0 Temporary server error when send mails.      

Things we want to confirm with you:

1. When this issue occurs, send mails from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2013 to Exchange 2010?

2. Could you ping the Exchange 2013’s FQDN from Exchange 2010 successfully?

3. Any NDR returns?

If you cannot ping the Exchange 2013’s FQDN from Exchange 2010 successfully, please add DNS records for them.

By default, the standard frontend receive connector is bound to all the IP addresses on the server, this can cause issues with DNS lookups. So, try to bind the Default Frontend’s Network adapter bindings scoping from “All available IPV4” to the local server’s IP and add this record to the host file then restart Exchange server.

This article will be useful to you: https://www.sonicwall.com/en-us/support/knowledge-base/170504832918369 Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Hi touchtro,

Any update now?

If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 26, 2018 2:26 PM