Delete dismounted public folder database RRS feed

• Question

• I have 3 Exchange 2010 mailbox servers and each one has a replica of our public folders.

I had one get corrupted a while back and it dismounted the database due to log files being missing.

I would like to start over with this database and either force a complete rewrite from one of the other servers or just delete it and start over with a new one.

The problem I'm having that I haven't been able to solve yet is that I cannot mount the database to delete it.

What is the best option for me here?  Delete and start over or somehow mount and force a replication to it?  And how do I accomplish either task?

Friday, December 11, 2015 5:07 PM

Answers

• The best option is to restore from backup.

You might try moving the database and transaction log files to another folder or drive, and then mounting the database with the -Force switch.  If I'm right, it'll mount a new empty public folder database, and eventually the hierarchy will replicate to it and it will backfill all the replicated content from the good copies.  Any folders that had replicas only in that database will lose their content.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Lynn-LiModerator Monday, December 14, 2015 6:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by r rogers Wednesday, December 16, 2015 9:52 PM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 4:39 AM