none
ScoreCard with Row Filter Shows Blank data with a gauge only on a line, How to remove? RRS feed

• Question

• This seems to be an attempt at a rollup however these are not Objective KPI’s.

How can I remove this gauge or the line itself?

What’s interesting is that when I change the calculation column from default value to source data on the KPI I then get data with the gauge and the data seems to be from the all member of the  row filter and this is there whether I have the All member in my filter selection or not.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 2:02 PM

All replies

• Can you give a little more information on the design of your scorecard as to how it is laid out and what you are expecting?  It is a little unclear to me as to how you have this designed and what your requirements are for the output.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, June 20, 2009 1:40 PM
  • Dan,

My KPI consist of an actual (current member of measure) and a target (previous member of measure). I have a date filter on columns and a location filter on rows.
    If I have a kpi called gross, I get a collapsable header of gross that just has an indicator in the target column, no values. The values are empty unless I use source data as described above which I beleive populates from the all member. Under my gross collapsable header I have my different locations that have the actual and target values and the indicator. A thing to note here is that the indicator color of the locations is different then the indicator color of the collapsable header which I believe to be the all member.

Thanks,
    Larry
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:36 PM
  • Dan,

I found an example of what I am talking about here

http://www.code-magazine.com/article.aspx?quickid=0803051&page=2

If  you look at the headers in Figure1(dashboard page 1 of 5) in the six for six scorecard,  like net sales objective, Percentages and credit applications to will see in the target there is an indicator only. How do you prevent this from showing, and keep in mind that I don't want to remove the filters.

Thanks,
    Larry
    Friday, July 10, 2009 2:25 PM
  • So you have the KPI at the top level with dimension members below it right?  Do you have other items in the scorecard or is this it?  You could simply name the scorecard Gross Sales and then hide the KPI name in the scorecard design by right-clicking on the Gross label on rows and selecting hide.  This will remove that level and you will just see your locations which I am assuming you are using to filter on.

I have an example of that in my blog posting here, but in this example I have the dimension member at the top level - Filtering PerformancePoint Server (PPS) KPIs.  When you hide the item in the scorecard it will turn to red.  You will see the example about half way into the blog posting.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Saturday, July 11, 2009 2:11 PM
  • Dan,

I have multiple KPIs and a row and column filter. I played around with the suggestions in your blog and I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks,
    Larry
    Monday, July 13, 2009 4:51 PM
  • If I understand correctly, you still want to show the objectives like "Net Sales Objectives" in the sample you linked to above, but you do not want it to show the rolled up status indicator.  If that is correct, you can accomplish that simply by removing the Target in the Net Sales Objectives Objective KPI, then it will not show anything in that box.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks,
    Alyson
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 2:17 PM