Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) - NEED HELP URGENT! RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows Vista and have the Adobe Creative Suit CS3 installed.  I've been using it for a few months now, and all worked well until now. Then yesterday, when I tried to launch Adobe Flash, which only the day before worked perfectly fine - the application doesn't launch, and instead I get the above Aplication Error: Application Failed to Initialize Proprely (0xc0000005). What to do??? I tried swtiching to a different user account, which sometimes helps with Vista, but the proplem persists. I haven't installed anything new on the computer, or changed anything in the configuration. I must get this fixed as I'm in a middle of a huge project that must get done on time! PLEASE HELP!
    Monday, May 25, 2009 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting.

If everything worked before, a quick solution is to restore the system back to the previous status when the issue didn’t occur with System Restore. (Note: Performing a system restore may cause the loss of the current system settings; therefore, before doing this, please make sure that the system restore point is not too old and set a restore point for the current status.)

Based on my research, this error message should be related to an application error of Adobe Flash. At this time, please try the following to narrow down the issue:

1.    Please check if the issue will occur in Clean Boot environment:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

2.    Try Compatibility mode

Make older programs run in this version of Windows

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/bf416877-c83f-4476-a3da-8ec98dcf5f101033.mspx

3.    Repair or reinstall Adobe Flash to see if it will work again.

Considering the issue is related to a specific software, it is recommended that you contact Adobe for technical support as they are familiar with their products.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Hope the issue will be resolved soon. Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:34 AM