none
All Service Logon Fail after update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

All of my services are almost stop after recently update the windows. I need to give grant access to running service a/c.

Error Log.

The xxxx service was unable to log on as .\xxxx with the currently configured password due to the following error:
    Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Service: xxxx
    Domain and account: .\xxxx

This service account does not have the required user right "Log on as a service."

User Action

Assign "Log on as a service" to the service account on this computer. You can use Local Security Settings (Secpol.msc) to do this. If this computer is a node in a cluster, check that this user right is assigned to the Cluster service account on all nodes in the cluster.

If you have already assigned this user right to the service account, and the user right appears to be removed, check with your domain administrator to find out if a Group Policy object associated with this node might be removing the right.

How can be get back pervious access right of running service a/c?

Regards,

Yukon

Make Simple & Easy

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 11:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Yukon,

Ensure that the user, or a group the user belongs to, has the right to log on locally. Ensure that the user, and all groups that the user belongs to, are not denied the right to log on locally.

To assign the user right Allow log on locally

=================================

1. On the domain Server, open the Group Policy Management Editor.
    2. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

3. In the navigation pane, open Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, and User Rights Assignment.

4. In the details pane, double-click Allow log on locally.

5. Click Add User or Group.

6. Find the user or group account you want to add, and then click OK.

7. Click OK to save your changes to the Group Policy object (GPO).

8. Users that are currently logged on must log off and back on to be affected by the changed GPO setting.

Then To remove a user or group from the user right Deny log on locally

==================================================

1. On the Server, open the Group Policy Management Editor. To do so, click Start, then in the Start Search box, type gpedit.msc, and then press ENTER.
    2. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

3. In the navigation pane, open Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, and User Rights Assignment.

4. In the details pane, double-click Deny log on locally.

5. Select the user or group account you want to remove, and then click Remove.

6. Click OK to save your changes to the GPO.

7. Users that are currently logged on must log off and back on to be affected by the changed GPO setting.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Hi Karen,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked with my network guy,  he did not change any group policy on domain level. I have below error when i type gpedit.msc on my local. I do not has issue before i update with latest build. This patch is not only on this error, some cannot open the skype. Here is error screen when i open the gpedit on my local.

Make Simple & Easy

• Edited by Yukonn Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:12 AM
    Thursday, July 13, 2017 3:10 AM
  • Hi Yukonn,

First of all, I see your current build is Windows 10 1607.

Did you want to upgrade to latest build Windows 10 1703?

If yes, you can try to upgrade to Windows 10 1703 to see if it can resolve this issue.

If you want to keep your current build, please refer to the following article to fix your screenshot issue:

"'Microsoft.Policies.Sensors.WindowsLocationProvider' is already defined" error when you edit a policy in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3077013/microsoft.policies.sensors.windowslocationprovider-is-already-defined

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 14, 2017 8:26 AM