owa-monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• hello

i'm having the "known" exchange problem, i dont get ALL exchange data (as i said not all, i do get some data and i think the exchange is functioning right, since i can use owa without problem and "some" of the exchange packs seems to be monitoring, so i get active alerts as example.
    i read your reply but somehow i dont really get it , i dont have some right click "network adapter connection health or something like that. i just have "creating monitor"  "properties" and "disable/overview of disabled task(?)"

what i saw is: if i choose the management pack-rule "Backend-Server State" i see exactly the data (that i mentioned before)
    and if i click on "Frontend Server State" i get nothing (as example owa, oma ....etc)

i have just 1 exch server, does that mean i can't monitor the owa-packs without having a frontend-exch server?

thx in advance

tsar1234
    Tuesday, March 25, 2008 8:59 AM

All replies

•  

Hi tsar1234,

To get items like Mailflow, Mapi Logon and OWA working you need to run the Exchange 2003 MP Configuration Wizard, it is available on the Web.  This will configure your exchange servers for monitoring many tasks.   Counters for things like POP3 and IMAP4 will not be displayed unless the services are enabled and a client has connected to the service.  By default Exchange 2003 disabled these services, but they can easily be enabled through the Services MMC snap-in.

At this time, you may also consider upgrade the related Exchange Management Pack.

For instance, the latest Exchange 2003 MP is published on 3/6/2008, Version is 6.0.5000.11;

Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Management Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9FF454F4-6D34-4FB9-9E0B-F5B68C6EDC4F&displaylang=en&displaylang=en  

For more latest MP, please see:

System Center Pack Catalog

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/scp/catalog.aspx  

Thanks and Regards.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:19 AM
  • thx for your reply

but i already tried the config wizard...(forgot to mention it) i could run the wizard several times without any errors, but still i get no data in sce :X (i re-installed sce on english now, i saw something about "override" in some posts around here...i'll  give it a try and i will take a look at the latest mp's and give a feedback

regards tsar1234
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:34 PM
  •  

Hi,

Thanks for updating on me.

Please take your time performing the suggested steps including "override" stuff and upgrading to latest MPs and then Config Wizard again. Let’s monitor the issue for a couple of days.

Thanks and Regards.

Friday, March 28, 2008 7:45 AM
  • I tried to override the monitor as every was suggested (as example: http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2687692&SiteID=17)
    but i cant find somethng like "network adapter conection health"

What i did :
    -completely reinstal sce -> import the latest exch mp and found out that it was already installed -> override the monitor as suggested several times (mail flow receiver+sender and owa logon) -> run the config wizard on the exch server -> send some mails between 2 users -> still no data Sad in mailflow and owa....
    I hope you can help me

it seems like my other question hasnt been answered yet: Are the exchange management pack's monitors configured that NEEDS a front end server? because it looks suspicous....and i have just ONE backend-server....

frontend: no "ticks" at all on every component
    backend: those services which i can monitor have a "tick"

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 12:24 PM
  •  

Tsar you are not alone in this problem, actually I've been watching this thread and I'm in the exact same boat as you.  There is no network interface.  I installed the MP wizard, enabled the monitors and I still can't see anything with OWA nor does my topology work for exchange.  Everything else works though (AD, Network)
    Thursday, April 3, 2008 6:24 PM
  • Hi,

I'm truly glad that i'm not alone, that makes me a bit assured.
    you have also just one back-end exchange server?
    Friday, April 4, 2008 1:40 PM
  • Yes sir, the same set up as you.  The wierd thing though is I just checked my exchange topology and it's working. 

Friday, April 4, 2008 6:08 PM
  • Have you got this to work? I also don't see any data in the exchange pack for mailflow and performance. The mail server is monitored and the monitor dependency rule are enabled.

The toplogy however gives also no data only the C disk icon.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:26 AM