none
Cube Services RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way that we can automatically create a set of default CUBES whenever a PWA is created? The challenge we are having is that in 2010 the PWA owners could create and manage their own CUBES. Now in 2013, you have to give users Project Server Service application admin permissions to manage the PWA settings in Central Admin. We do not give users access to Central Admin. This would also give users more permissions than what we want them to have. 
    Monday, February 2, 2015 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Julie,

As you already saw, managing OLAP cubes services requires in PS2013 to access the central admin. A workaround is to use a powershell script from the local machine as Paul Mather described it in this excellent post.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, February 2, 2015 3:51 PM
  • Hello,

A Guillaume pointed out (thanks for referencing my post Guillaume :)), to give PWA Admin users the access to build the cube when needed, you could do this via PowerShell, the simple script I created can be downloaded here. To be able to change the cube configuration (add fields etc.) I'd recommend the PWA admins worked with the farm admin (or whoever has access to the Project Server Application Server in Central Admin) to get those changes made.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, February 2, 2015 6:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Julie,

As you already saw, managing OLAP cubes services requires in PS2013 to access the central admin. A workaround is to use a powershell script from the local machine as Paul Mather described it in this excellent post.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, February 2, 2015 3:51 PM
  • Hello,

A Guillaume pointed out (thanks for referencing my post Guillaume :)), to give PWA Admin users the access to build the cube when needed, you could do this via PowerShell, the simple script I created can be downloaded here. To be able to change the cube configuration (add fields etc.) I'd recommend the PWA admins worked with the farm admin (or whoever has access to the Project Server Application Server in Central Admin) to get those changes made.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Monday, February 2, 2015 6:29 PM