none
Not able to debug the client script in IE11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I had to debug the client side script though my application but when i try to do the same i am getting error saying "Unable to attach to crashing process. The process has been terminated. Try refreshing the process list before attempting another attach".

Before this when comes to select the debugger , top of the dialog box shows error "An unhandled exception (Script BreakPoint) occured in iexplorer.exe  ".

# I have check the registry entry under HKLM/software for the JIT debugger - it's set to 1.

# I have uncheck the internet option checkbox for disabling the debugging the script.

Still no help. Please guide me through this.

Thanks,

Jagbir Singh

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 12:40 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

f12>Debugging tab, select "Break on unhandled exceptions".... I suspect that you have selected break on all exceptions.

You can also try publishing your website to a server from Visual Studio (and not use the VS debugger) and only use the IE Developer tool to debug.

Please post web development questions to stackoverflow (IE forums). If possible include with your questions a link to your website, or mashup or your complete page markup, also the complete error messages from the DT console (copy and paste).

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:25 AM
  • Hi Jb9952,

In addition to what Rob suggested, regarding using F12 tool to debug, you may take a look at the following articles:

How to use F12 Developer Tools to Debug your Webpages

And:

Using the F12 Developer Tools to Debug JavaScript Errors

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:57 AM