none
Disconnect network mapdrive

Question

• Hi,

I need to disconnect network mapped drive in my client machine using gpo. .

I used  "net use" command but it not use  ...anybody help me my issues..

Sunday, September 18, 2016 7:47 AM

Answers

• Greetings,

Perhaps you could use the Group Policy Preference Drive Map extension?  It is capable of deleting one or more mapped network drives.  When using preferences, it isn't necessary to create and deploy a script file to a central share or target workstations. 

From your post it isn't clear whether it is desirable to delete all mapped drives or a single one.

To replicate Mr. Heron's example and delete all network drives, one would Select "Action | Delete | Delete All | Starting at A:.  Physical drives are silently ignored.

//TS

Monday, September 19, 2016 4:44 AM

All replies

• The command is 

net use * /delete /y

and you can use this in a startup script in Group Policy.

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Sunday, September 18, 2016 11:03 AM
  • Greetings,

Perhaps you could use the Group Policy Preference Drive Map extension?  It is capable of deleting one or more mapped network drives.  When using preferences, it isn't necessary to create and deploy a script file to a central share or target workstations. 

From your post it isn't clear whether it is desirable to delete all mapped drives or a single one.

To replicate Mr. Heron's example and delete all network drives, one would Select "Action | Delete | Delete All | Starting at A:.  Physical drives are silently ignored.

//TS

Monday, September 19, 2016 4:44 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:28 AM
  • Thanks for your reply...Issue resolved ...Sorry for the delay replay..

i have one more doubt... 

I had set company global  logo to wallpaper for client computer (gpo-user configuration) logon time

gpo

user configuration\policies\administrative templates\desktop\desktop

\\server name\logo.jpg

whenever user switch on computer its desktop background black..if user log off and log on the computer then only policy working .. do u have any suggestion to resolve this issue permanent...

Thursday, September 22, 2016 12:48 PM
  • Hi,
    First of all, I am glad that the issue is fixed. And if the replies as above are helpful, you could mark them as answer which will be greatly helpful to others. If you have own solutions, we would appreciate for your share to us.
    Regarding the wallpaper problem, please share us what system the client is using. You could take a look at the following article as below:
    The "Desktop Wallpaper" Group Policy setting is not applied in Windows 7 or in Windows Server 2008 R2
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/kb/977944
    In addition, since it is a separate problem, I would suggest you post a new thread. The reason why we recommend in a new thread is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can also share their knowledge.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:00 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Monday, October 3, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hi ,

Any other features to control users  using Active directory... I have Windows Server 2012 Active directory ..

I need new ideas to control users .. Please guide me .. 

Sunday, October 30, 2016 5:50 AM