Generic Incident Request and Service Request Area List RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a couple of questions regarding the Generic Incident Request used from the Portal, and Service Request Area List

Service Request Area List:

Of what I have seen on this forum, the reason why we cannot edit the Service Request Area List is becuse it is part of a sealed MP.

The categories is not applicable to our environment, and eventhough we may rename the categories, we ending up with a bunch of 'Other/not in use' categories

1) Is it possible to create a custom list, and connect the Service request templates to this custom list instead?

2) is it possible to export the MP, unseal it, edit the categories in xml, seal it again, and import it?

Generic Incident Request:

Same issue here. The questions and fields the user have to select when using a generic request is not applicable. The template is not editable, so how do we get it editable or how may we config the Portal to use a custom request-template for this matter?

Thanks.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:16 AM

Answers

• With good help from Anders Asp, here are the solution to my questions:

1) Generic Incident Request: In the Request Offering you will deafult have an offering called 'Generic Incident Request (EN)'. If you publish this offering as well as the 'Generic Incident Request' offering(which is read-only), the settings you put into the 'Generic Incident Request (EN)' will be used on the portal.

2) The 'Service Request Area List' is read-only (fix this Microsoft). And the items in the list is way too many and often not usable for many companies. The solution is to use Authoring Tool to create a new custom Service Request form and a new custom extention to the Service Request class, and link a new Area-field on the customized form to the class extention field:

a. Open Authoring Tool

b. From Class Browser, select/search for Service Request

c. Right-click the class and select View

d. Right-click the Service Request and select Extend class

e. Select a new MP file to store the customization in

f. Click the Create property button and type e.g. NewArea

g. Change DataType from String to List in the details view

h. You will be prompted with a list view. Click Creat New List and type E.g. NewArea in internalname and displayname, and OK

i. Save the MP, AND seal the MP(important) (use sn.exe og fastseal to create a encryptionkey)

j. Close the customclass you just created, and open the sealed customed MP instead.

k. In Authoring tool, go to Form browser, and search for servicerequest - only one entry should show

l. Right click the form and click view

m. Select Customize and save it to a new MP-file

n. Within the form, click (and mark) the Area-field

o. In details, change Visibility to Collapsed

p. Drag a new Label field and a new List field to the form and allign them on the form. Change the Label1 label to e.g. Area

q. Now, click the new list-field, and cllcik the BindingPath in details, and select the NewArea List you created earlier

r. Save the new MP and seal it (important)

s. Close Authoring tool and open the scsm console

t. Import the two new sealed MPs and voila - the Service Request form now have a new Area-category list you may freely edit as you like

• Marked as answer by Moe,Peter Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:54 AM

All replies

• do anyone have a solution to this issue?

thanks.

• Edited by Moe,Peter Friday, February 22, 2013 6:37 PM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 1:46 PM
  • With good help from Anders Asp, here are the solution to my questions:

1) Generic Incident Request: In the Request Offering you will deafult have an offering called 'Generic Incident Request (EN)'. If you publish this offering as well as the 'Generic Incident Request' offering(which is read-only), the settings you put into the 'Generic Incident Request (EN)' will be used on the portal.

2) The 'Service Request Area List' is read-only (fix this Microsoft). And the items in the list is way too many and often not usable for many companies. The solution is to use Authoring Tool to create a new custom Service Request form and a new custom extention to the Service Request class, and link a new Area-field on the customized form to the class extention field:

a. Open Authoring Tool

b. From Class Browser, select/search for Service Request

c. Right-click the class and select View

d. Right-click the Service Request and select Extend class

e. Select a new MP file to store the customization in

f. Click the Create property button and type e.g. NewArea

g. Change DataType from String to List in the details view

h. You will be prompted with a list view. Click Creat New List and type E.g. NewArea in internalname and displayname, and OK

i. Save the MP, AND seal the MP(important) (use sn.exe og fastseal to create a encryptionkey)

j. Close the customclass you just created, and open the sealed customed MP instead.

k. In Authoring tool, go to Form browser, and search for servicerequest - only one entry should show

l. Right click the form and click view

m. Select Customize and save it to a new MP-file

n. Within the form, click (and mark) the Area-field

o. In details, change Visibility to Collapsed

p. Drag a new Label field and a new List field to the form and allign them on the form. Change the Label1 label to e.g. Area

q. Now, click the new list-field, and cllcik the BindingPath in details, and select the NewArea List you created earlier

r. Save the new MP and seal it (important)

s. Close Authoring tool and open the scsm console

t. Import the two new sealed MPs and voila - the Service Request form now have a new Area-category list you may freely edit as you like

• Marked as answer by Moe,Peter Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:54 AM
    Wednesday, March 6, 2013 8:54 AM
  • Good Job,

Thank you for your contribution.

But I have a small question, what about the Service Request Reports? Are the reports will show these Areas or need some customization?

Thank you again

Warm Regards

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Your welcome :-)

You are right, the reports that you build around these two lists has to be customized because the cubes in ServiceManager are referring to the built-in lists.

I have yet to figured out how to modify this in our environment, but I'll guess I have to write my own SQL quueries to solve this

Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:20 AM
  • many thank "Moe,Peter"

can you guide me how to make this customization ?

Warm Regards

Friday, March 22, 2013 10:28 AM
  • I dont know how to do this yet, many others here in the forum knows how?
    Friday, March 22, 2013 10:44 AM