UAG Update 2 - HTTP 403.14 error when try to connect to portal, HTTP 404 when connecting to published application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I had UAG running fine for few weeks, with applications published.

Since 2 days, I now have an HTTP 403.14 error page when I tried to connect to the portal, and HTTP  404 when trying to connect directly to applications (such as OWA)

I tried to restore (using Import menu) previous configuration with no luck

I tried to delete the trunk, activate the configuration, create a new trunk (with a new name) with no luck too

Any idea?

Thanks

Senior Solution Architect Capgemini
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:28 PM

Answers

• Hello everyone

it's really strange

after a full reinstall (OS+UAG and updates) and replaying the issue, it fall to work. I don't know what happened.

the only thing I did just before it worked again was to go to IIS website related to my trunk and enable Failed Request Tracing Rule to log what was happening when connecting. Just after, when I tried to generate again the issue I was connected to the authentication form

Now, it seems to be running fine; hope I will not have again the problem :)

thanks for your help and suggestions

Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:16 PM

All replies

• Additional detail: event 0 for WhlFilter is logged on application event log with no information (except description for event id 0 cannot be found)

Thanks

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Just reset ur iis.

-Ashish

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:28 PM
  • If an IIS Reset isn't helpful, try this:

1. On the UAG, disable the trunk.

2. Activate the configuration.

3. Go to IIS, and verify that the site that corresponds to the trunk is gone.

4. On the UAG, re-enable the trunk.

5. Activate the configuration.

Try to connect.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:12 PM
  • Hello Ben

thanks for your reply but unfortunately it didn't work

I also try a full reinstall (ie, reinstall OS, install all updates, install UAG, install CU 1 then CU 2, then create the trunk and try to connect again >> no luck

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:54 PM
  • moreover, disabling the trunk is deleting the site on IIS
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 6:56 PM
  • Email me.  It doesn't matter if you are using a Celestix Networks appliance or not.

dennis (a) celestix . com

I will talk you through the process (could be many variables).

Thanks, Dennis Lee

http://forefrontdennislee.wordpress.com/

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:33 PM
  • Hello everyone

it's really strange

after a full reinstall (OS+UAG and updates) and replaying the issue, it fall to work. I don't know what happened.

the only thing I did just before it worked again was to go to IIS website related to my trunk and enable Failed Request Tracing Rule to log what was happening when connecting. Just after, when I tried to generate again the issue I was connected to the authentication form

Now, it seems to be running fine; hope I will not have again the problem :)

thanks for your help and suggestions

Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:16 PM
  • I had exactly the same issue and neither an iisreset nor the de- and reactivation of the portal as described above (and in MS-KB961172) solved the problem.

In my case a simple server restart with the finished configuration in place solved the problem and now everything works perfectly.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 4:23 PM