none
Opening PWA-project via command line in microsoft project professional 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm able to load projects hosted in PWA into my project professional 2016.

There is a possibility to open projects via command line in project professional 2016.

The problem is, that opening a PWA hosted project via command line in project professional 2016 doesn't work, because I'm not sure about the path and name of the project to use.

There is a command line switch to change to the PWA-Server but what URL/filename shoud be used?

Does it work at all with PWA projects?

Example I've tried and that doesn't work:

Winproj /s "https://mydomain.sharepoint.com/sites/pwa" /u "xxx.xxx@mydomain.com" /p "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" "<>My Sampleproject"

Monday, September 5, 2016 11:53 AM

Answers

• Allisat Software --

I am not aware that it has ever been possible to open an enterprise project from Project Server or Project Online using a command prompt.  If I am wrong, I would be glad for someone to correct me.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:54 PM

All replies

• Allisat Software --

I am not aware that it has ever been possible to open an enterprise project from Project Server or Project Online using a command prompt.  If I am wrong, I would be glad for someone to correct me.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, September 6, 2016 7:54 PM
  • I did a lot of research on this topic and I couldn't find a solution - so it seems to be impossible indeed.
    Friday, September 9, 2016 8:18 AM