Unable to Migrate Remote DP after uninstall the site server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I try to migrate 2007 secondary site to 2012 DP and 2007 DP (which i created under 2007 Secondary) to 2012 DP.

First i migrate the Secondary site to 2012 DP, now i unable to see the another 2007 DP in 2012 shared Distribution Point list.

I assume the 2007 DP also gone when the secondary site uninstallation. Is there any way that i can migrate that remote DP?

Or i need to put a new 2012 DP.

Please provide your suggestions

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check the blog below.

"While planning the migration of Configuration Manager 2007 Secondary Sites & Distribution Points attached to the Secondary sites, ensure that you move Configuration Manager 2007 Distribution Points first and then Configuration Manager 2007 Secondary sites later. This will ensure that the Configuration Manager 2007 Distribution Points don’t get orphaned in Configuration Manager 2007 environment. While this is  a pretty obvious point, we wanted to call this out so that you take it into account during your planning phase."

Distribution Point migration from Configuration Manager 2007 using the migration feature of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager

If you cannot see the another 2007 DP, I think you need to put a new 2012 DP.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kalyan Sundar Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:32 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the blog below.

"While planning the migration of Configuration Manager 2007 Secondary Sites & Distribution Points attached to the Secondary sites, ensure that you move Configuration Manager 2007 Distribution Points first and then Configuration Manager 2007 Secondary sites later. This will ensure that the Configuration Manager 2007 Distribution Points don’t get orphaned in Configuration Manager 2007 environment. While this is  a pretty obvious point, we wanted to call this out so that you take it into account during your planning phase."

Distribution Point migration from Configuration Manager 2007 using the migration feature of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager

If you cannot see the another 2007 DP, I think you need to put a new 2012 DP.

Best Regards,

Joyce

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kalyan Sundar Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:32 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:06 AM
  • Thanks, There is no way now to revert back. Now i am installation new 2012 DP.
    Wednesday, March 18, 2015 9:33 AM