WSS 3.0 and Internet Explorer 9 RRS feed

• Question

• Starting last Friday, our client users can not access our SharePoint site. The client is on Windows7/IE9. They have been using Windows7/IE9 for some time now with no problems. There have been no changes on the server end since January 30, 2013.

Last night, I successfully logged into the SharePoint site using a personal laptop running Win7 64bit and IE9. I have to believe the problem lies with some type of configuration setting on my client's end.

How do I begin to troubleshoot this issue? Are there some IE settings I should ask them to look at? I would appreciate any help you can provide me.

Thank yo in advance.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Here is the quote from the customer complaining about the problem. "It let's us log in, bu then it just goes to a white screen and never loads the page."
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:51 PM
  • Hi,

What is your WSS edition? Have you installed SP1 or SP2 for WSS?

Ask the users to  access the site using IE8 or IE9 32-bit to see whether they can log in successfully.  Some features on the site are not supported when using IE9, you can refer to this site for more information about browser support for WSS 3.0:

Plan browser support (Windows SharePoint Services): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc288142(v=office.12).aspx

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:21 AM