none
Manually assign MacOS InTune User device affinity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts, We are just getting started with Azure InTune and have enabled the Apple DEP and have successfully enrolled devices and assigned them enrollment profiles. The profile we assigned the Macbooks has user-affinity enabled. I was wondering if there is a way to manually edit/update user device affinity like I can do in the SCCM console to assign a user to a device? 

The trouble is that we have not fully automated software deployment, so I as an IT admin have been signing into new Macbook's with my credentials, then joining them to the domain, installing software etc. Then when I hand it to the end-user, they use it for a few days, but the Azure/InTune console still shows me/my email address as the primary user. Maybe after some unknown time, the end-user will be assigned as the primary user automatically? Or can I do it manually myself?

Friday, October 18, 2019 12:38 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Basically, the primary user is assigned as the enrolling user during device enrollment. Please refer here.

It's not supported for changing the primary user(known as associated user previously) currently.

The same feature request has already been submit on the Intune uservoice site.

https://microsoftintune.uservoice.com/forums/291681-ideas/suggestions/33730111-easily-associate-users-with-devices

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:20 AM
  • Hi Andy, Thanks for the info, that is good to know.

Do you know, is the only way that I can update a user-device association for a Macbook is for me to reset it again and go through the Setup Assistant and have the other user sign in? Or will InTune, after a period of time automatically update the primary user to be the person who is logged in for several weeks?

Monday, October 21, 2019 12:55 PM