none
TaskId field causes Assignment view to timeout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I got a strange situation with one Schedule view in PPM2013. This occures with a test environment that has SP1 and also on a Acceptance environnment that has RTM version of Project Server 2013. However I cannot reproduce the error on my other PPM2013 or ProjectOnline environments.

Hope any of you have seen the error before, or can point me in a direction to look for a solution.

I have a custom assignments view on the PWA Schedule. It includes only OOB fields. The view loads very fast as long as I don't have the "TaskID" field in the view.

But when I do have the field on the view this happens:

I go to the schedule PDP in another view, click on edit (making it checked out to me), and switch to the assignment view. A "loading" screen apairs in the middle of the schedule view. But it will not load the view, not even after 5 minutes of loading.

However, if I refresh the page it does show the view, or when I swich PDP's (gooing to Project Information and then back to schedule) it also shows the view.

Also if I am in a Checked in version of the schedule the view also loads without any trouble.

I am using IE9 for this environment.

Hope  any of you have a clue :)

Kind regards,

Erik

Friday, June 27, 2014 8:12 AM

All replies

• Try using compatibility mode for IE9 or try in Chrome and see if the behavior is the same.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

PS.  Love your blog and congratulations!
    Saturday, June 28, 2014 3:56 AM
  • Good morning Erik,

Did some testing this morning in different PWA's (on premises and Online) and with different browsers (IE11, IE9 and Chrome) and I was able to reproduce your issue: in a checked out project the schedule won't switch to an Assignment view which includes the Task ID unless you refresh the page. Hide the column Task ID from the view and it will load as fast as any other view. Sorry I cannot point you to a solution, but hopefully these repro steps will give somebody a good idea??

Monday, June 30, 2014 7:16 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Thank you for the kind words!!

Sad to say that changing browser or switching mode didn't do the trick.

IE8 doesn't load the view.

IE9 doesn't load the view.

IE9 compat view still doesn't load the view.

Crome, Firefox (I will not install Safari on the machine) don't give any relief.

Were you able to reproduce the issue on one of your machines?

Kind regards,

Erik

Monday, June 30, 2014 7:41 AM
  • After some testing together with a Support engeneer I came to the conclusion that the issue arises when you have a MPT file linked to a EPT.

So here is the official reply by Microsoft. They could reproduce the situation and will pick this up as a bug. I will let you know when and if it will be fixed.

Monday, July 7, 2014 11:00 AM