none
Addition and deletion from the DL by enduser in outlook. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello ,

Is there a way we can give permissions for end users to add or delete himself ONLY into the distribution group/DL's in OUTLOOK. I know we can create Security group and then give permission to that SG but in this case Anybody can delete any one which i don't want only deletion should be done for his/her email address from the Distribution list.

Like if i am part of the DL and i am gng out for vacation and do not want that my Emailbox will fill with the emails so i will remove my self from this DL's and once i will be back i can add back myself.

NOTE:-  Using EXCHANGE 2007.

Any ideas of doing this ... Thanks

Thursday, June 7, 2012 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hello,

From your description, I understand you want that users can manage themselves in distribution group, but cannot do for other distribution group members, right?

As far as I know, Exchange 2007 don't have the function your required.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 8, 2012 7:57 AM

All replies

• Its not possible in Exchange to do for himself only , but for the whole DG

Delegate Management of Distribution Group Membership to a User --

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc164350(v=exchg.80).aspx

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you

Thursday, June 7, 2012 3:19 PM
  • Satheshwaran, that i aware of but looking for the option(Query) as mentioned above...
    Friday, June 8, 2012 7:22 AM
  • Hello,

From your description, I understand you want that users can manage themselves in distribution group, but cannot do for other distribution group members, right?

As far as I know, Exchange 2007 don't have the function your required.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

Friday, June 8, 2012 7:57 AM
  • Yes Evan like Public Folders in which users can delete or edit their own items ONLY ...
    Wednesday, June 13, 2012 5:41 AM
  • If so, just as i said before, Exchange 2007 may not have the feature you required.

Thanks,

Evan

Evan Liu

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 10:00 AM