Language Bar RRS feed

• Question

• My Lang bar isnt even visible, it is set to be docked to the taskbar but nowhere to be found...why?
    System Specs: Windows 7 x64 RC Build 7100, AMD A64x2 5300+ Black @ 3GHz, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 800MHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790X DS4 Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4, SB Live24 Sound
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:50 PM

Answers

• Dex,

After verifying that your settings are fine and the language bar should be displayed as normal, try removing all of your additional keyboard layouts and restarting the computer. The cause of this bug is still unknown, but this fix occasionally works, and you can re-add the other input languages afterward.
    -Alex
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:51 PM

All replies

• try: right click on the taskbar -> toolbars -> language bar

make sure you have at least two input languages in the regional settings

Thursday, May 21, 2009 12:58 PM
  • I have no lang bar option in the toolbar menu, and I use three keyboard layouts :o)
    System Specs: Windows 7 x64 RC Build 7100, AMD A64x2 5300+ Black @ 3GHz, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM @ 800MHz, Gigabyte GA-MA790X DS4 Motherboard, Sapphire Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4, SB Live24 Sound
    Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:00 PM
  • try setting the language bar to 'floating' and then 'docked'
    Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:33 PM
  • still didn't help...
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:30 PM
  • Dex,

After verifying that your settings are fine and the language bar should be displayed as normal, try removing all of your additional keyboard layouts and restarting the computer. The cause of this bug is still unknown, but this fix occasionally works, and you can re-add the other input languages afterward.
    -Alex
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:51 PM
  • i'm experiencing the same issue where the language bar does not appear on my desktop or taskbar, no matter what the settings are in my regional settings. i've tried the suggestions here and even tried disabling the tablet pc components as a windows feature (thinking there may be a conflict with input methods), all with consistent reboots in between. the only times i was able to see the language bar was during the welcome screen and when the screen darkened (for running apps needing admin confirmation) when user account controls was enabled. is this a known issue that is being researched? it seems there are multiple users in various win7 forums experiencing the same issue. please let me know if there is more information i can provide that can help. thx!
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 6:11 AM
  • I have the same problem too. I have tried both Windows 7 x64 and x86, RC Build 7100, and both would give me the same problem.
    After using a while the language bar will just disappear. I guess there is a bug somewhere in the windows update.

I have tried to remove all additional language and restore again, dock and float the language bar in regional and language setting, but they dont work.

Is anybody able to local and fix the problem?
    Friday, July 17, 2009 1:29 PM