none
PS 2010 Active Projects in My Tasks RRS feed

• Question

• At work we need our resources to filter tasks that are coming from active projects only. I've seen this view in the Project Center, but how can I have similar view within the My Tasks?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:56 PM

Answers

• You can't do this exactly, but instead what you should do is set the Publish task field to No for each inactive project and then publish the project - in which case these tasks will not be visible in the My Tasks view.

HTH, Ben [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Andrew Dieppa Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:30 PM

All replies

• You can't do this exactly, but instead what you should do is set the Publish task field to No for each inactive project and then publish the project - in which case these tasks will not be visible in the My Tasks view.

HTH, Ben [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Andrew Dieppa Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:14 PM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:30 PM
  • Thanks Ben, you've helped me immensely for now. My boss may not like the answer and the PMs may not like the tedious tasks of unpublished tasks, but if they want to prevent non-active tasks (projects) from showing up in resources' My Tasks then this is the best we're going to get.

Thanks again,
    Dieppa, Andrew C.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8:16 PM
  • Andrew --

To add to the excellent answer provided by my cousin Ben, you could also change the Booking type to Proposed for every resource in the inactive projects and then republish those projects.  That will remove the tasks in those inactive projects from the Tasks page for every team member assigned to tasks in those projects.  That would be a bit faster probably.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:26 AM